Tuesday 5 November 2013

Queen of Cakes and Clothes

Having been bed bound of late I've found myself being caught up in a bake off bonanza, fashion may be my first love but in joint position with that is baking.



This has consequently resulted in me, amongst many others, being an all time (number one I'd like to think) Mary Berry fan. Having bought all her recipe books, any magazine she features in and watched every bake off episode, cooking programme, or biographical documentary on her (remember 'fan' not 'stalker') I have also come to notice than not only is she an goddess in the kitchen department, but the wardrobe department as well.



Mary (like her cakes) always manages to look elegant and stylish, ageing gracefully unlike no other. Wearing eye-popping and floral blazer, boot cut jeans, delicate and pretty scarves and accessorising with dainty pearls Mary modifies 'prim and proper' - decorating herself as well as her baked delights.

                                      



So if you're if the age where you feel that you should be wearing more function over fashion, and want to compliment your now wise and cultured self, I would take a look into Mary's wardrobe as well as her cook books - looks like we can learn more than how to make the perfect Vicky sponge from her!



No comments:

Post a Comment